tiistai 4. syyskuuta 2012

settling down

Today was the time to get to know my host family better, the mom got home with the kids and the dog from Nantucket at 4pm so they unpacked their bags and then we ate dinner. I gave them my presents I brought from Finland and they loved them, they actually liked the chocolate and some of the kids even the salty liquorice. Most people that I've met haven't liked the salty liquorice and seriously I don't understand why, that's so weird :)

Well we ate dinner and then we went through the schedule of tomorrow. So it'll be like this: the kids have to be in school at 8am so I need to leave at 7.30am latest, preferably earlier (you never know about traffic), then I'll come home and have a day off until about 2.30pm when I go to the school to pick the kids up. This time will be a little different cause I'm going to meet the kids' teachers which scares me a bit should I say cause I'm really not a parent but my "mom" told me it'd be good to meet them and maybe some other kids and their parents if KJ wants to have playdate or something. 

So after the meeting we are going to the library with I and KJ to wait for D, who's taking some kind of a test, and finally H. Then I'll get the kids home for a while to get their homework done (if there's any) and get them to their practice, tomorrow luckily H is the only one that has practice so I'll take her at 4.30pm and then pick her up later in the evening. This is basically what's all about for me. Driving, driving, driving and one more time driving. My dad told me before I left that I'm becoming some kind of a royal driver for them. I mean, it's true cause I don't really have to do anything else, laundry on one day/week maybe!


The first weeks may be tough to learn the schedule and who has to be where and when and to kinda like to stay organized all the time. Which I'm totally okay with. No problem. I just hope the kids will be as smooth as they were today, easy to get along with etc. If not, then I'm not sure how I'm going to cope here..... :) But let's see!

I talked with one of my Swedish friends that I got in the training school and I did it in Swedish. Whuuu how good am I, right! The best thing I've heard in a while (unless all the crazy stuff in NYC) was that she said:
"Din svenska är kanon så tror inte de blir problem"

I should be going to bed so that I can get myself up at 6.45am tomorrow. It hasn't been a problem really in these past few days since I woke up today at 7.15am so it's just a half-hour difference. I'm really not the type of a person that gets up really early in the morning so I don't know, maybe it's the heat and the constant sunshine that gets my body all messed up (since I'm used to the cold and dark Autumn in Finland). 





3 kommenttia:

  1. Kiva lukee muittenki kokemuksii au pair jutuista! :D Mä tääl kans opettele tavoil hah :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. MILLA! Siis ootko siellä Englannissa? :) Ja tosiaan, lue ihmeessä, mäki alan lukee sun!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Joo! Täällä ollaan :D jeij! :)

    VastaaPoista